Positive Action Talk at Workbay
At the beginning of 2017 I hosted a PositiveAction Talk at Workbay, a co-working space in Khar. The idea was to enable entrepreneurs to set goals for the coming year and take positive actions to achieve them.
There are three Cs of being a successful entrepreneur – Clarity, Courage and Consistency. Here’s an excerpt from an hour long talk and a few pointers that’ll help you move in the right direction.
You cannot be positive unless you have certain positive actions and you know what those actions are and they become habit. To achieve that you need to understand how your brain works, how you are as an individual and how you react in certain situations.
- We all have certain ideas of how we want our lives to be. Latch on to that vision, write it down somewhere because as you let that vision evolve clarity will come through.
- ‘I don’t want’ is what will come first. It’s easy to figure out the opposite of it. If you don’t want something then flip it, find out what you want and latch on to it.
- Prioritize what you want the most at the moment and focus on that. Also figure our how much time you want to spend focusing on that one goal.
- Have a clarity on why you are doing what you are doing and why should someone buy what you are selling.
- Fear is a friend, don’t mistake it for an enemy. But there are two sides to that coin. One side is when that fear is telling me something for my good and I need to understand that maybe I need to be patient and stand still. And the other side is when it is pushing me to break through a limiting belief. Be aware of those two sides. That’s where you need courage…to break out of that limiting belief.
- Figure out the actions you need to take to achieve the goal and be consistent. It’s difficult to break old habits but it’s easier to build new ones and be consistent till they overpower the old habits.
- Find your emotional trigger that’ll push you towards your goal.